Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
DEPARTMENT: Support Services
POSITION: Support Service Supervisor
The Support Service Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the support service departments in coordination with the Manager of Support Services. Responsible to ensure implementation of established facility standards, policies, and procedures, as well as regulatory and licensing requirements.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Support Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and direction to the Support Service staff. Ensures staff training and safety procedures are implemented and followed. Participates in planning and development of goals and objectives for the department. Communicates effectively with other departments.
- Schedules and coordinates staff work assignments according to requirements. Participates in recruitment, training, evaluation, recognition and discipline of employees. Promotes cooperative working relationships, and staff development. Maintains and updates job routines as required. Manages Surge learning and assigns learning modules for designated staff.
- Ensures a safe work environment. Updates SDS binders and department policies as needed.
- Attends meetings as a Representative on the Joint Occupational Health and Safety and Infection Control Committees.
- Performs regular environmental audits to ensure established standards of quality are being followed and maintained.
- Addresses tenant\resident concerns in a timely manner and provides feedback. Attends meetings as required.
- Tracks inventory and purchases department supplies as per standard practise.
- Monitors equipment and identifies needs. Prepares proposals for replacement of equipment.
- Monitors expenditures within established department budget, identifies efficiencies and makes recommendations regarding costs. Produces variance reports where required. Responsible for financial billing and accounting submissions where related to support service departments.
- Assists with organizational events as required.
- Attends personal development educational opportunities and staff in-service programs when appropriate. Participates in Quality Assurance Programs. Completes assigned Surge Learning courses as required.
- Upholds the mission, vision and values of Tabor Village.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 year supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of food safety and HACCP requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and proven leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Well organized.
- Financial understanding of budgets.
- Computer proficiency, specifically with windows, word, excel, and outlook.
- Knowledge of infection control measures.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate flexibility and patience and work as a member of a team.
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to communicate with seniors with a variety of cultural backgrounds and make them feel valued and welcome.
· Ability to work with seniors in a manner that supports their independence and enhances their dignity and respects their privacy
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
· Ability to lead a team, and multitask in an environment with overlapping duties and responsibilities.
· Must be able to work all shifts as applicable to the position.
· Ability to prioritize work.