Salary: $50,000.00 /year
Tabor Village is a Christian Community of care with 4 facilities available for our seniors. Tabor Manor provides Independent Living accommodations, Tabor Court for Assisted Living needs and Tabor Home and Valhaven for those requiring Complex Care.
Note that Tabor Village is under the Single-site Order mandated by the province of BC. Thus we are currently seeking candidates that can work for our site exclusively.
All candidates must have required certification and a cleared Criminal Record Check.
We would love to hear from you if you would like to be a part of a dynamic and compassionate team providing seniors with “Care from the Heart” while promoting individualized person centered care,
Leading the Scheduling Services department, the Scheduling Manager will supervise a team of schedulers, and work closely with Human Resources, Finance, and department managers across all Tabor Village facilities. The Scheduling Manager is responsible to ensure the best use of people resources in alignment with budget and the values of Tabor Village. The Scheduling Manager is responsible for all functions of the Scheduling Services department, including supervision of department employees, scheduling employees across Tabor Village in all departments, reporting, following all policies and procedures, adhering to the various Collective Agreements, and achieving department goals.
SCHEDULING MANAGER KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides leadership for Scheduling Services across Tabor Village.
2. Supports and facilitates the flow of communication, standard staffing policies and procedure development.
3. Provides supervision, direction, and support to direct reports.
4. Works with internal and external stakeholders to achieve effective workforce utilization.
5. Develops and leads scheduling reviews, overtime review, and difficult to fill shift as well as other KPI information.
6. Recommends and supports changes to master rotations.
7. Develops staff scheduling best practices within the department.
8. Assists managers with all leave requests, both paid and unpaid.
9. Remains current and up to date with necessary training and education to be fully proficient in the position.
10. Ensures compliance with HEU and BCNU Collective Agreements, and Employment Standards in British Columbia as it pertains to scheduling.
11. Completes other duties as assigned.
- 3 – 5 years healthcare staff scheduling experience
- 2 – 3 years management experience
- Demonstrates ability to lead a team
- Ability to manage a project
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience with ComVida Employee Management System preferred
- Understands ADKAR Change Management model
- Ability to think critically and use data to make decisions
- Quick learner with ability to apply technology to work environment
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Willingness to promote Tabor Village Mission and Values.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to have positive attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to deal with people effectively in person and over the telephone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to manage stress and workplace change.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use tact and diplomacy, and comply with all regulatory requirements.
Expected start date: 2021-03-22