Salary: $48,750.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Tabor Village is a Christian Community of care with 4 facilities available for our seniors. The Tabor Manor provides Independent Living accommodations, the Tabor Court for Assisted Living needs and Tabor Home and Valhaven for those requiring Complex Care.
This full time position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the administration of the Executive Office, and provides support for Board and Committee activities, maintains all necessary records and minutes to ensure compliance with the Societies Act, By-laws and Constitution and other regulatory requirements. The Executive Assistant also maintains key lists and information resources to ensure accurate and timely access for all constituents. The Executive Assistant provides administrative support enabling the Executive Director to focus on the development and direction of the organization’s business and operational vision, goals and strategies to ensure strong relationships are developed and maintained.
Cleared Criminal Record Check
· Manages the Executive Director’s calendar and develops and manages the Executive Director’s schedule, preparing for and ensuring that all appointments, meetings, engagements and deadlines are effectively met.
· Ensures appropriate lead times and reminders are provided, coordinating regular meetings to confirm schedules and following up on scheduled appointments.
· Manages arrangements for special events, functions, board and standing committee meetings, Annual General Meeting and retreats, scheduling times, coordinating invitations, booking speakers, and ensuring room set-up, including catering, teleconferencing and audio-visual equipment.
· Reviews and assesses priorities, proactively advising on concerns/problems with projects, activities and schedules and resolving scheduling conflicts.
· Prepares general correspondence, edits documents and presentation materials, providing drafting and proofing support for letters, memos, speeches and articles, as required.
· Prepares internal committee packages, confirming agendas and ensuring information is gathered, complete and disseminated to participants in a timely manner.
· Coordinates the gathering of information, documentation and materials relevant to reports and committee packages, following up with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure requested information is provided.
· Ensures relevant reports, information and appointment/meeting materials are gathered and made available to the Executive Director and other attendees as appropriate.
· Develops and maintains a paper and/or electronic filing systems, ensuring prompt and accurate access to information and documents.
· Ensures expenses, account payables and expense reports are prepared and administered.
· Manages all Board related administrative activities, communicating with Board members, coordinating board meetings, working with Executive team members to identify issues for discussion, draft and finalize agendas, attend meetings and record minutes.
· Ensures all documentation and package materials are accurate and properly formatted.
· Prepares the monthly Executive Director’s report to the Board.
· Posts Board reports, documents, meeting materials and pertinent information on the Board website in a timely manner to ensure Board members are prepared for their meetings.
· Monitors membership of the Board of Directors, tracking Board/ Committees to the Board member terms, term limits and apprising Executive Director of imminent changes and upcoming appointment requirements.
· Provides support to the Chair, Board of Directors, responding to queries and resolving issues.
· Manages ‘in-camera’ components of Board of Directors’ agenda, preparing documentation, recording minutes and maintaining confidentiality of information.
· Coordinates planning and preparation for the Annual General Meeting, including support to the Nominating Committee, appropriate notification to members, meeting preparation, recording of the minutes, and all necessary documentation and process to the Registrar of Companies after the AGM.
· Responds to queries and requests from internal and external stakeholders, client family members, answering phones, and screening and directing calls.
· Provides first level assessment of requests and queries, redirecting calls, resolving general issues and keeping Executive Director apprised.
· Follows up on outcomes of issues to ensure their satisfactory resolution.
· Provides administrative support to the CEO as required.
· Coordinates the planning of meetings of the Board, the Executive and Board Committees and working groups. Includes drafting agendas for approval, notifying members, arranging for meeting space and other requirements.
· Records and distributes minutes of the above meetings and acts on any administrative items identified.
• An undergraduate degree in business is preferable or a certificate in office administration and a minimum of 5 years of experience
• A minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in provincial health care services or seniors care center is preferred
• Advanced skills in MS Office, database management, social media and publishing software
• Advanced skills in composing and editing documents.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and exceptional time management skills
• Proven skills in interacting with diverse individuals at all levels in the organization
• Able to communicate effectively with business and community stakeholders and be an effective gatekeeper
• Demonstrated professionalism and able to manage confidentiality and appropriate handling of sensitive communications.
• Ability to provide creative solutions to respond to conflicting schedules and issues affecting confidentiality
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Initiative, creativity and problem solving
• Writing, editing and verbal communication skills
• Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Advanced technology skills in social media, outlook, MS Office Suite, Publishing software
Expected start date: 2021-02-08