Tabor Village is a Christian Community of care with 4 facilities available for our seniors. Tabor Manor provides Independent Living accommodations, Tabor Court for Assisted Living needs, and both Tabor Home and Valhaven for those requiring Complex Care.
We are currently looking for a motivated and skilled Human Resources and Scheduling Administrator. We would love to hear from you if you would like to be a part of a dynamic and compassionate team providing seniors with “Care from the Heart!”
Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources and Scheduling Administrator is responsible supporting the Human Resources functions, Scheduling functions and other administrative responsibilities for Tabor Village. While this position will be focused on the Court portfolio, there will be administrative support provided Village wide.
- At the direction of the HR department, provide support for all HR functions including, recruitment, interviewing, reference checking, contract administration, seeing that performance evaluations are completed, etc. in keeping with normal Tabor Village processes.
- Supporting the timely and accurate processing of all leave requests, vacation requests, etc. for final review and approval by managers.
- In cooperation with the managers and in alignment with the staffing plan, establishing suitable rotations for all staff.
- Scheduling of staff using computer and paper systems (currently using ComVida EMS).
- Supporting management and ensuring for the completion and approvals of all documentation and information required by Finance department for the accurate and timely processing of payroll.
- In coordination with the HR department, assist with updating and maintaining the Employee Handbook and Terms & Conditions of Employment ensuring consistency with Tabor Village.
- Supporting the HR Manager with the OHS program, including but not limited to, ensuring completion of WorkSafeBC reporting and investigation processes.
- Supporting with in-service training and orientation for employee, in keeping with existing HR processes across Tabor Village.
- Providing reporting as needed including: seniority, vacation, sick, special leave reports, LOA(leave of absence)+20, etc.
- Supporting with tracking and training as required.
- Supporting with preparation of audit documentation as required.
- Supporting managers with attendance management resources as required.
- Communication and coordination with the Benefits Administrator regarding disability management, WorkSafeBC, and ICBC.
- Completing ad hoc reports as necessary and assigned.
- Supporting with file integrity, including but not limited to: creating, auditing, organizing and maintaining HR and scheduling files.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Training and Experience:
- 2+ years of complex staff scheduling
- Experience working with ComVIda an asset
- Completion of professional HR certificate program required
- 2+ years of office experience
- Previous experience in healthcare setting is an asset Skills & Abilities:
- Willingness to promote Tabor Village Mission, Vision and Values.
- Highly proficient in using computers and software, including Excel, Word, Outlook and creating spreadsheets and generating reports.
- Demonstrated ability to assess gaps and address with solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.
- Ability to operate all related equipment.
- Support and compliance with Tabor’s policies and procedures.
- Confidentiality and professionalism are expected at all times.
- Clear Criminal Records review with vulnerable adults
Job Type: Excluded, Full-time, 12-month Term
(Possibility of extension or conversion to permanent position)