Salary: $24.00 to $25.00 /hour
Tabor Village is a Christian Community of care with 4 facilities available for our seniors. Tabor Manor provides Independent Living accommodations, Tabor Court for Assisted Living needs and Tabor Home and Valhaven for those requiring Complex Care.
Under the supervision of the Recreation Coordinator and Director of Care, the Recreation Aide participates in implementing activity programs for residents. Encourages resident participation in individual and group recreational activities related to their needs, abilities and interests which promotes the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual needs of the residents.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
Within the established mission and vision of Tabor Home, facilitates the development and maintenance of recreation programs through individual resident assessment; plans, implements, and evaluates recreation services and ensures that programs reflect current trends in programming for complex care residents.
- Participates in the development of standards of practices in the area of recreation/volunteer services.
- Communicates and works effectively with residents, families and staff.
- Performs other related duties.
To perform job successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Graduate of a recognized Recreation Program and a minimum of one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and program development.
- Knowledge of body mechanics, lifting, and transferring.
- Physical and emotional ability to carry out duties.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Mentally and physically fit and able to perform duties which require sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing, and running (in emergency situations).
Current TB Screening
Current First Aid and CPR.
Current Cleared Criminal Record Check