Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
Tabor Village is a Christian Community of care with 4 facilities available for our seniors. Tabor Manor provides Independent Living accommodations, Tabor Court for Assisted Living needs and Tabor Home and Valhaven for those requiring Complex Care.
We are currently looking for a caring and passionate Maintenance worker to join our Team.
Cleared Criminal Record Required – Vulnerable Sector
Positions at this level perform maintenance and repair duties related to buildings, grounds and equipment in one or a variety of areas such as electrical, plumbing and restoration services in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Repairs furniture such as tables, cupboards and shelves; repairs items such as walls, doors, floors, ceilings and windows by applying materials such as drywall, wood paneling, floor and ceiling coverings and glass; constructs items such as shelves and cupboards.
- Replaces plumbing fixtures such as sinks and toilets; repairs plumbing fixtures such as water lines and waste lines. Repair and installation of copper, PEX, CPVC, PVC, ABS water lines, including soldering, crimping, and gluing fittings, running lengths of pipe.
- Painting Duties
- Prepares surfaces for painting by removing old paint and mending cracks, scraping, brushing, sanding and/or burning off existing surfaces, and applying putty/plaster as required.
- Selects and applies coatings such as paint, varnish and stains with a variety of tools such as brush, roller, spray and gun.
- Identifies nature of malfunction of equipment and appliances such as wheelchairs, paging systems, toasters, food mixers and blenders; performs electrical and mechanical repairs by disassembling motors and equipment, cleaning, oiling, greasing and replacing parts such as brushes, elements, bearings, filters and wires and soldering connections; installs items such as timers and switches; performs safety checks on electrical appliances for defects such as faulty wires and improper grounding. Installs receptacles and ballasts under supervision in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Perform restoration services like installation of new drywall, taping and mudding of drywall Applies paint and other finishes by brush, roller and/or spray.
- Performs maintenance to heavy duty equipment such as generators, sterilizers, washers, dryers and extractors by disassembling equipment, cleaning, oiling, greasing and replacing items such as filters and reassembling equipment as required.
- Perform electrical duties as follows in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Diagnose and repair any facility electrical system
- Running and repair electrical and communication wire feeds
- Nurse call systems diagnose and repair
- Fire safety systems diagnose and repair
- Pendant systems diagnose and repair
- Resident wander systems diagnose and repair
- Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment, recommends repairs and purchases as required.
- Perform landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Mowing lawns
- Pruning shrubs and trees
- Snow and ice clearing of parking lots and sidewalks
- Perform waste and recycling duties
- Asbestos abatement in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Supply distribution and moving of furniture and equipment
- Ensures safety practices and procedures are adhered to.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Track all work through our maintenance software (TheWorxHub)
- Supervise staff when Department manager is away
- Take part in the “On Call” system for maintenance staff
EDUCATION & QUALIFICAIONS:
- Grade 10 change to 12 or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 2 change to 4 years related experience required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to support Tabor Village Mission and Values
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively and in a positive manner
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate all related equipment
- Ability to work on your own
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to operation IT equipment like a smartphone or tablet
Expected Start Date: 2020-11-16