Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
Tabor Village is a Christian Community of care with 4 facilities available for our seniors. Tabor Manor provides Independent Living accommodations, Tabor Court for Assisted Living needs and Tabor Home and Valhaven for those requiring Complex Care.
We are currently seeking a Casual Dietary Aide with Cooking experience for our Assisted Living location, Tabor Court.
Under the direction of the Manager, Support Services, the Food Service Worker performs a variety of duties such as portioning and serving meals, washing and peeling vegetables and fruit, preparing items such as tea, coffee, and toast, and washing dishes and utensils.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs tasks such as washing and sanitizing dishes & cutlery, pot washing.
- Meal service and distribution, getting snacks ready according to resident needs, making toast, coffee, sandwiches, portioning desserts.
- Ensures that all food service equipment is cleaned and stored in a safe and protected manner after use and that any unsafe or faulty equipment is reported to the manager.
- Checks and restocks food service supplies as required
- Removes full garbage bags and replaces with clean bags to ensure a sanitized work area. Follow kitchen cleaning equipment schedule; regularly clean additional equipment such as the microwave, toaster, food storage bins.
- Attends in-service programs and maintains knowledge of the facilities policies and procedures.
- Participates in Quality Assurance Programs
- Ensures safety practices and procedures are adhered to
- Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Food Safe Level 1 required, Level 2 preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment