Leave a Legacy
Donating at Tabor Village
Providing Lasting Benefits
Benefiting the residents of Tabor Village
In partnership with the Abbotsford Foundation, the Society may accept a legacy donation that respects your wishes and desires to give back to Tabor Home in the years ahead. Because it is a legacy only the interest is used. Therefore, it will continue to benefit the residents of Tabor Home forever. You can decide to contribute to a special project of your choice or leave it to the discretion of the Board of the Tabor Home Society to use the funds for important resident services.
Please call our Executive Director to discuss how you may participate.
"My God in turn will supply your needs fully, in a way worthy of his magnificent riches in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:19
Gift of Stocks and Securities
A tax-smart way of giving at Tabor Village
The 2006 Federal Budget made contributions of stocks more tax-effective than ever before. In fact, all donations of stocks and securities to Tabor Village are totally exempt from capital gain tax.
A gift of stocks is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Notify us of the number of shares and the name of the stock being donated by contacting Tabor Village at 604-859-8715 ext. 102 or email@example.com.
- Contact your broker or investment advisor to request the transfer to stock to Tabor Village and your broker will then transfer the stock into the Tabor Village account.
- Once the transfer is complete, Tabor Village will contact you to confirm the amount of the charitable tax receipt.
An Illustration of Gift of Stocks and the Benefits to You
Assuming a 46% tax rate
Gift shares directly to charity
Sell stock and give total cash proceeds from sale to charity
Capital gain ($10,000-$2,000)
Taxable capital gain (50% of $8,000)
Tax due on gain (46% of $4,000)
Donation tax credit (46% of gift to charity – see below)*
Net tax savings to donor (tax credit less tax due)**
Gift to charity *
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC)
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
Spending of funds is confined to Board approved programs and projects. Each contribution directed toward an approved program or project will be used as restricted with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or cannot be completed for any reason, the remaining restricted contributions will be used where needed most, as determined by the Board. For additional information regarding our donation policy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org | Charitable Donation Number: 108062696RR0001