Join Our Team
Working at Tabor Village
Work with us
We are a vibrant community where seniors experience “care from the heart” with Christian compassion and respect. Tabor Village is a "Campus of Care" that is operated by the Tabor Home Society, and consists of Tabor Home, Tabor Manor, Tabor Court, and Valhaven.
TABOR VILLAGE - JOB POSTING
JOB TITLE: Scheduling Assistant
STATUS: Permanent Part-Time; 20 hours/week; Excluded
WORK AREA: Tabor Village, Scheduling Department
DAYS OF WORK: Monday-Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
SCHEDULE: 20 hours/week; 4 hours per day
EFFECTIVE DATE: ASAP after closing date
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION: At the direction of the Scheduling Manager, the Scheduling Assistant carries out responsibilities in the following areas: managing all scheduling processes, HEU and BCNU contract interpretation, employee information tracking and file creation and maintenance.
• Graduate of an approved Administrative certificate program
• Previous experience using Scheduling Software (ComVida) is preferred.
• Experience working in a health care setting an asset.
• Knowledge of human resources related to federal and provincial legislation and regulations.
• Knowledge of BCNU and HEU contracts is an asset.
• Highly proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all types of people effectively
• Willingness to promote Tabor Home Society Philosophy and Mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Scheduling: responsible for all aspects of staff scheduling for nursing, food service,
housekeeping/laundry and recreation.
2. Posts internal positions: permanent, temporary and casual p/t and f/t job postings and in
coordination with HR notifies employees of the appointment.
3. Assists Scheduling Manager with staff rotations as required.
4. Notifies HR of changes as required.
5. Assists with the LOA requests.
6. Posts lists and provides updates as required.
7. Assists with maintaining information and producing reports.
8. Creating and maintaining employee files.
9. Ensuring compliance with internal and external requirements.
NOTES: Only those with the above outlined qualifications and skills will be considered for an
interview. We will only be conducting interviews with those who are shortlisted.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: Amanda van Tilborg, Director, Human Resources by email at email@example.com or leave it at the front office of Tabor Home to Amanda's attention.
DATE POSTED: June 5, 2019
CLOSING DATE: June 26, 2019 by 9:00am
Please Apply By:
For Excluded Jobs, please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Union Jobs, please Email: email@example.com
For all Jobs, please Fax: 604-859-6695
Mail or Hand Deliver:
Attn: Human Resources
31944 Sunrise Crescent
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1N5
We thank all applicants applying for a position. However, only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted.